I was just thinking about the upcoming year, and what I hope to accomplish in it, so I thought I’d share my plans:
1. I will finish the book of poems I’m working on, with care.
2. I will exercise for the first time in five years. Hopefully more than once. (I joined a dance school, unlike any dance school I’ve ever set foot in, and I’m excited!)
3. I will plant some things in my yard, and not neglect them immediately after.
4. I will take road trips with my entire little family of four, get to know our adopted home state.
5. I will enroll the boys in religious school and be involved with that.
6. I will do some house projects that require me to learn new skills. Maybe learn to tile?
7. I will attend readings that have nothing to do with ME, just because it is very good to listen.
8. I will go on dates with my husband, at least once a month. We’ll go see some music!
Basically, the deal is that the last five years have been years of BIG CHANGE. My career and my family have gone through major awesome fun and exciting upheaval. But now we’re pretty nicely settled. I have my book contract for the year, and Chris has his job, and we have our house, and the boys are doing so so well. So now it is time to focus on the daily, the weekly, the local. There will never be a better time to get into shape, or save money, or develop a hobby. So my goal for 2011 is to just live, and live as contentedly as I can.
What do you want from 2011? What do you plan to do differently?