Okay, so I am a TOTAL cuckoobird at present.Â I don’t know what’s going on with me, but I have massive amounts of energy, and about eight trillion projects lined up.Â Some of the projects are tiny and some are mammoth, but they all feel wildly important.Â And most of them are at least a bit domestic.
Could it be that I am “nesting?”Â Impossible!
Essentially, what has happened is that we have decided to put down roots in this area, at least for now. Finally!Â And so I am funneling all of my realtor.comÂ energy (and if you know me, you know just how much of my time I spend on realtor.com)Â into my little corner of the world.Â It feels really wonderful to aply this energy more productively, to focus it on actual projects instead of hypotheticals.
Here are my projects, in order of hugeness (and not including a novel, a chapter book, and a poetry collection I need to write)
1. I want to put up a swing and set up a sandbox in the yard.
2. I want to get estimates for a nice patio of some kind.
3. I want to get involved with the new school around the corner. Volunteer, PTA, etc.
4. I want to create a playgroup in my n’hood with other parents.
5. I want a KABOOM PLAYGROUND in the little park down the street.
6.Â I want to petition for speed bumps and sidewalk repairs on my street.
7.Â I want to explore the International Charter School further.
8. I want to harass the cops daily until they do something about the sketchy (crack?) house on Cogar.
9. I want to invent my OWN school, a (Hebrew/Arabic language)middle school in Dekalb County, in time for my kids to go there.
10. I want to dream about larger house projects, things we can’t afford, but might do someday (garage, tile in kitchen, new floors upstairs, lots of closets)
It’s a funny feeling, this one. Suddenly I’m looking around at all the things that have driven me nuts for five years, and instead of seeing problems, I’m seeing solutions. WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON????